Wednesday, June 24, 2009

20 Wks


Wow - here we are at the half-way point (well, already past it in twin-land). Everything is going well and we had our Level II ultrasound on Monday. Both babies are looking great, the only matter of concern was a small bright spot on Baby A's heart which they refer to as Echogenic Focus.

After looking up what the heck that was as soon as we got home, I found that it's not uncommon and is most likely a calcium deposit which disappears by the third trimester. Since the Dr saw no other issues with the growth and development he thinks its nothing to worry about and it doesn't warrant getting an amnio. That's good news.

Both babies are lying in a diagnol position with Baby A's head towards my left side and Baby B's head towards my right pelvic area. I feel bad that they're probably kicking each other in the face repeatedly. Ahhh, twins....

Last week I went to visit my dear IF friend Nadia in the hospital who just delivered her twins - a boy and a girl. Both babies were so small - 5.2lbs and 5.7lbs at 18 inches long each. She delivered at 36 weeks. Here's a pic of me holding the boy. He's probably loving life snuggled up next to my gigantic preggo boobs!

2 comments:

  1. That picture is so cute! LOVE IT!!! I am glad all is going well!~ WOW- you are 20 weeks. It is going by so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the (more than) halfway point!!

    I know what you mean about the boobs. I actually had some never before seen cleavage with today's outfit.

    Glad the wee ones are dong well.

    ReplyDelete