Monday, January 26, 2009

Hanging by a thread

So this past weekend started out OK - DH and I were preparing for our open house on Sunday (our 3rd one so far) and as it turns out the open house didn't happen. Why you ask? Because my stupid real estate agent sent someone else to handle our open house and she couldn't figure out how to open the lock box on our door. On top of which our agent never called us. So all that hard work - cleaning like crazy - down the drain. Now we're supposed to get a new lock box for the door and hold another open house the weekend after the Super Bowl. I'm trying to use my power of zen to put it past me and move on, but I'm still pretty PO'd.

Of course - the weekend of the new open house, I'll be busy since IVF should be in full force by then. My tentative ER will be sometime the week of 2/8. We'll see how it goes.

As if yesterday couldn't get any worse - my mom tells me my about multiple cousins who have now either given birth, or who now are preggo. I don't wish bad thoughts on these people, it just all reminds me of how long DH and I have been on BabyQuest.

On a side note, the Lupron that I'm taking this time is giving me really weird (bad) dreams and hot flashes. No fun!

2 comments:

  1. Yuck - I'm sorry that things did not work out for the open house. It's pretty disappointing when you do all that prep work and then a technicality from the ineptness of others sets you back. At least your house is clean & tidy today, which is a good thing according to Chinese New Year superstitions. Bet you didn't know you were celebrating that holiday by cleaning your house, did ya? ;)

    Hearing about others who are having no trouble at all having kids is also hard - my Mom does the same thing with my cousins and it is getting very hard to continue to grit my teeth and smile and say something appropriate.

    Ahh...Lupron. If I could administer it to my DH instead, I would. First time I took it I was a basket case (headaches, hot flashes, mood SWINGS) so just be gentle with yourself.

    Take care and hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the open house. What a pain! Well, at least you have some feng shui going on with the clean house! Lupron is crazy drug! I took it for my endometriosis a few years ago- UGH. It put me in a pseudomenopausal state for about 7 months. I would get hot flashes in certin areas of my body. Like my right arm and boob, or just in hands. I would also sweat on just one arm or just my low back for no reason. BLECH!!! We are still waiting for DH's b/w, but are going to have to do ICSI or IVF...I am sure I will get to join you in the fun too. ;)

    ReplyDelete