Thursday, January 29, 2009

Still waiting for AF, and my toe hurts

One of my co-workers (who knows that I'm getting ready for IVF round 3) mentioned today how I must be a glutton for pain.

She says it, and I think it must be true since I'm walking around with a doctor's foot bootie on my left foot. I've been dealing with (and this is definitely TMI) an infected toenail for like 2 years now. (I think I may have gotten it from a bad pedicure.)

Anyways, I've tried all kinds of meds for it and nothing has worked. So yesterday, my podiatrist says we should remove it. I immediately start sweating, thinking about the pain that is to come, but she assures me I won't feel a thing since she'll give me novacaine. And it really wasn't so bad until... 4 AM this morning, when all the novacaine and Advil had finally worn off. Ughhh..

So now I'm limping around, waiting for AF to arrive. I wish it would come like tomorrow morning. I'm anxious to get this show on the road!

I'm feeling for my friend and fellow blogger MammaSoon about her crappy failed CGH testing this cycle. I can't imagine how PO'd she's feeling, especially since she chose her RE specifically based on their wonderful labs.

5 comments:

  1. Yikes. You poor thing- getting a toenail removed is nothing to brush off!! One of my boyfriends in college had to have it done, and he fainted twice during the procedure. I am hoping AF comes for her visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eewwww...I'm so sorry about your toe. I'm cringing as I type this b/c I lost my big toe nail about 5 years ago when I dropped a chair (think Lazy Boy recliner) right on it so I know how awful it is. Have you had the sensation yet where you feel like you suddenly have developed a second heart right in the toe? Every time your second heart beats, your toe feels like it's going to explode? Ugh - I sympathize. And no, you are not a glutton for pain...just focused on a goal. Think of yourself like an Olympic athlete okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I misread your post and thought you said you were getting your TOE removed. Thank goodness it is just the nail.

    love your new blog look!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh - that's so funny! Right up there with me thinking you are drinking lipids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your toe starts to feel better soon and best of luck for your upcoming cycle!

    ReplyDelete