Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Octuplets & Biding My Time Waiting for AF

Did anyone else see that story on the news this morning about the woman who gave birth to octuplets? They didn't go into detail as to how she became preggo with so many - my guess is IUI. (That's how Jon Minus 9 got preggo).

People are quick to blame IVF on high order multiples - but I think the opposite - RE's really control the quantity of embryos put back in. To have a number like 8 through IVF would mean possibly four embryos all split to become identical twins. I can't see an RE putting 8 embies back in? Could you? I think it would be unethical.

I'm really hoping AF comes soon so I can get the clearance to start stims! It should be here in the next couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Octuplets...and they were only expecting 7. Could you even imagine?!?!?! Holy Cow. That is funny that you wrote Jon Minus 9. I love that show. I love that they are "real". I agree that the 8 babies born are probably IUI- or just old fashioned clomid. I know my first ob/gyn threw some clomid at me and said call me when you get a positive pregnancy test!!! No bloodwork, no ultrasounds, no monitoring. NOTHING. I obviously sought a second opinion!!! Can you imagine if my husband didn't have azoo, and I popped off 8 eggs. OMG. That is insane. No, I do NOT see an RE putting 8 embies back in. NEVER. I am hoping AF makes her apparence soon!

    ReplyDelete