Thursday, February 12, 2009

Check-up No 2

Morning -

Things are going well with me - it's day 6 of stims and the U/S machine see's 12 follies growing in my left ovary. Still nothing happening on the right side. So weird...

Out of those 12, there are 6 possible contenders for retrieval. The largest one measures about 15 mm and the 6th measures around 7 mm. I'm hoping they reduce my meds and let the smaller ones catch up with the big one. As you know, not all of my follies will have eggo's and not everyone of those will successfully fertilize. Looks like I'll be lucky to eek out 2 or 3 again. I'm trying not to be too down on my luck, since all you need is 1 that works!!

Things are still crazy at work and I'm trying to remain stress-free. (Hard to do). Ok - gotta run!

3 comments:

  1. 12 follies is a great number! And you're right - all you need is 1 that works. Hang onto that because it is so true and sometimes, quantity means nothing if there is no quality. Ahh...that delicate balancing act that must happen. Don't judge too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. Which ovary has the endo IN it? The left or the right? Just wondering if that has any impact on follie development?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both ovaries contain cysts - R one definitely has an endometrioma. I'll ask next time I go...

    ReplyDelete