Saturday, February 21, 2009

Muffins on Transfer Day

I had my ET yesterday (Friday) and all went really well. My RE implanted two really nice 8-cell embies (grade 4)! The other 5 embies aren't faring so well, but we'll wait to hear if any can be frozen. Fingers crossed some will pull through!

So far, every part of this cycle has gone better than expected. I can't say enough of my RE (Dr. Akas Jain) and the nurses at my clinic. My RE is a young guy and I feel like he really "gets it". After transfer yesterday he sat with my husband and I in recovery for 45 minutes just chatting. I don't think I've ever spent so much time with a Dr in my life!

Differences between this transfer and prior transfers were:

The procedure room was very warm - 85 degrees
No getting up to pee afterwards - they used a catheter (what relief!!)
I laid down for an hour after transfer before I was discharged

I mention muffins because I brought the nurses some apple cinnamon Fiber One muffins (delish!).

I'm taking it easy for the rest of the weekend. Hopefully these two embies are in the process of snuggling on down.

(My DH has already nicknamed the embies "Walker" and "Texas Ranger" after Talledega Nights)

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!!!! I am glad you are doing well. Sounds like you have a great clinic and an awesome doctor. I love the names btw! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete