Friday, March 20, 2009

In Pursuit of Happy

Of course I'm thrilled at our results from yesterday, but I haven't had the happy crying breakdown you'd think someone suffering from IF for more than 2 years would have.

I think we IF'ers are so used to disappointment, that when good news comes we remain skeptical. Like we're waiting for the rug to be pulled out from underneath, as it always has in the past. For instance, yesterday when pulling into the RE's parking lot, I said to DH - we'd normally be coming around the same time for the post IVF consult/pep talk. My brain couldn't grasp what we were there for.

So I ask the question - when is it safe to be happy and elated and thrilled? Perhaps all normal preggo women are this cautious, but I've never asked. My heart wants to tell the world about our good news, but at the same time my brain keeps saying - don't do it, you'll only hurt yourself even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment