Thursday, March 19, 2009

Love Times Two

Well, today was it. I went into the RE's with feelings of both excitement and terror. My new RE came in (my super fab old one left the practice) and got right down to it. We scanned from left to right and at first he said - over here is where we should see something if there's something to see, and for a split second I saw nothing. He kept it moving and there it was. One beautiful looking sack with pole and heartbeat.

The magic wand kept moving along and the RE says there's the second sac with pole and heartbeat. I could not believe it! My DH felt we were having two, but I couldn't bring myself to believe it, and still can't 4 hours later.

The RE did say 20% of pregnancies that start with twins, end up with "vanishing twin" syndrome - but hopefully that won't happen in this case.

I've since broken the news to my mom and a few close friends. They all freaked. Funny enough - I haven't shed a tear, which you think I would. Guess I'm still in shock.

I'll have video of the entire U/S to post later on once I get home and download.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! Trust me...the tears will happen soon. Just so happy they will be tears of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! I am so excited for you! Gotta love the little sacks of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats!! that is beautiful. really great news and very inspiring as we head into a transfer...
    Enjoy (once you get over the shock!) every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you must be so thrilled...twins after all that you've been through. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for everyone's supportive words! I've got a long way to go before I can celebrate! Don't give up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS! I can't believe! You give me hope. So fabulous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! You give me HOPE as well. YAY for 2 sacs. I know the journey has just begun..but I am glad to follow you along. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete